All that glitters is not gold.

All that glitters is not gold-is the saying we have been hearing since the time we started learning idioms and phrase of English language.
Subsequently by observing gold ornaments I found that no gold howsoever pure glitters; at the most it's only bright. Moreover the gold more appeals than attracts.
By observing the things, objects or even people I have been led to conclude that glittering, generally speaking, is the quality of all that is either meretricious or fake or of little value. It's the trinket not gold that glitters.
The thing, object or people of substance glows naturally. Normally they don't glitter.
Glowing is natural whereas glittering is the opposite of it.
Moreover, glittering puts our eyes in discomfort whereas glowing compels us to watch it for a long duration to pore over the content or substance what makes it glow.
So next time when I come across with a thing, object or people which/who glitter I can safely conclude that it must not be gold.
R.R.Prabhakar.
21.07.2026.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

साधन चतुष्टय

भावग्राही जनार्दनः

रामचरितमानस में पर्यावरणतत्व का दिग्दर्शन